Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

There's a 5040 error code, therefore I cannot even do setup.

Customer Question
There's a 5040 error...

There's a 5040 error code, therefore I cannot even do setup

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes. PIXMA MX490 series 492

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP15 Don't know what operating

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I was following steps on getting started. I'd put ink cartridges

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
7/30/2017
Technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 11 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

How old is the printer?

Do you still require assistance on the issue?
Will be waiting for your reply.