Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer says print in one cartridge mode and only prints…

Customer Question
My printer says print...

My printer says print in one cartridge mode and only prints black and white. 2 days ago I changed the color ink today I CHANGED THE BLACK INK. How do I get it to print with both colors?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?

Envy 7645 I am using 62XL

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac I don't know what operating system means It is yosemite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It said i needed to load paper but I was loading paper glossy paper for pictures.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/30/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

One of the cartridges is not being detected as present. Try re-seating each cartridge, one at a time, firmly, then close up the printer, and see if it clears the error. Then try pulling the plug on the printer while it is On, waiting 10 minutes, and trying again.

The printer must detect the new cartridges fully before exiting Reserve Mode or Single Cartridge Mode.

If the printer cannot detect the new cartridges as a whole, all of them, then it will stay in One Cartridge Mode or Single Cartridge mode. If swapping and checking and re-seating the cartridges has no result to get it out of One Cartridge mode, not even with shutting off the printer for several minutes or longer and turning it On again, the printer might be defective, perhaps. (And if so, if within 1 year of purchase date, contacting HP about it and putting in a defective-within-warranty claim, for free service-repairing under warranty terms, would be the right thing to do.)

- Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

- If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Thanks.