Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer goes offline when I don't use it for a month or…

Customer Question
My printer goes offline...

My printer goes offline when I don't use it for a month or so. The problem I'm having is I don't know how to get in back online once it's offline. I'm also looking for a new multifunction black and white printer and don't know what is right for me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

I think it's HL2340DW

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

That's been one of my problems. I don't have a computer. I'm using an ASUS Chromebox. But like I said, it worked just fine in the past and the only problem is the printer keeps going offline when it isn't used and I don't know what to do to get it back online.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened. I just didn't use the printer for a few weeks and no matter what I do it won't print because it says printer is offline.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
7/30/2017
Technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 11 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Okay I'm waiting for your reply.
I'm not happy with your service. I would like a refund. I have received no information or help from you in any way. Therefore, you failed to provide a service for me. So please credit my account for whatever you have charged me.

I would like to know if the printer is on, do you have lights on the printer

What operating system do you have? This will depend on the instructions to make the printer be back online?

I don't want your help, thank you. After seeing how this service works I don't wish to participate and would like my money refunded.

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Or you can call 1(###) ###-####/p>