Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to install a new ink cartridge in my Epson

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install a new ink cartridge in my Epson Workforce WF-2750. After installation, I get an error message that the ink cartridge is not recognized. I took this cartridge back to Staples and got a new one. I just installed it and am getting the same message. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is 2 years old Epson Workforce WF-2750

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

This is the first time this has happened in the 2 years that I've had this printer. The window popped up that I needed a new yellow ink cartridge.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Printers
7/30/2017
Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 9 months ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi, happy to help.

My printer was purchased on 8/24/16
Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 9 months ago

Not a problem, let me look into this for you. You have replaced the ink and still giving you an error? What is the exact error you are getting? Also have you already made sure that the cartridge is properly seated and that each one is in its correct spot.

ink cartiridge is not recognized. yes
Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 9 months ago

Have you already tried to print to the printer? Does the job hang?

Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 9 months ago

I can continue to assist you however need to check some settings on your machine, please accept the remote session.

John, Computer Science Engineer