Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have Canon M922. It only prints text that is red, Never…

Customer Question
I have Canon M922...

I have Canon M922. It only prints text that is red

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Never before. 1 year old

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC I don't know what a OS is

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Everything was fine until I was making a credit/debit report. Printed the credit that was in red but nothing else

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/29/2017
Technician: Sudipto, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sudipto, Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Not for $39.00 Just send me a message with instructions on how to do it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there

As you do not have mentioned anything about what you have tried so far, I assume that you have tried nothing to solve this problem. So, I will give each and every step which can solve this problem. The problem you are facing can be caused due to few reasons one, if the cartridges are empty or low if the printhead is dirty or sometimes if the logic board is defective.

Now, first check the ink level if the ink level is low or some cartridges are empty then, replace the needed cartridge.

After replacing the cartridge or if the ink level is fine then, follow the steps from the link below to clean the nozzles if the problem persists then, deep clean the printhead and check the result.

Cleaning the printhead

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143427&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1501368716507

Deep cleaning the printhead.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143803&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1501368716507

Now, the final step if all the above steps failed.You need to flush the printhead following the steps from this LINK, but before that, you need to remove the printhead from the printer using the steps from this LINK.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ink not low
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trouble shoot and nothing wrong, but would not print. Paper came out but no test

Have you already tried to clean and deep clean the printhead?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will put in new PGBK and see what happens

If the ink is not low then, replacing the ink cartridges will not solve the problem.