Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a pixma 2922 that the blinking orange light keeps…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a pixma 2922 that the blinking orange light keeps blinking.. cant figure it out what to do to correct this... I guess I am a dinosaur

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?

Nope first time.. it is about 3 years old..

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc and it is about 8 months old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Was printing with a lot of color.. noticed it was blinking but wanted to finish... thought it might be the color.. so I bought a new ink cartage

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.. thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Technician: R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor replied 11 months ago
R Hefner
R Hefner, Computer Engineer and Instructor

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I understand that you have an orange blinking light. This is typical of an error on the ink. I also understand that you have purchased. Did you clean the ink cartridge before installation?

Have you held down the stop/reset button for 10 to 15 seconds?

Have you plugged the printer for 1 minute?

Also here is a website which tells the orange lights and the meaning of the lights on a canon pixma printer

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/the-meaning-of-canon-printer-warning-light-flashes.html

it blinks three times.. I don't have a front loader.. it loads the paper in the back.. nothing Is stuck in it..
just bought ink just in case it was this.. so now I am in it for 58 dollars that I probably didnt need..
the copier
is 1 1/2 old..
I have installed the ink again and again.. so it isn't this,. hmm
didn't clean the cartridge.. it comes in a sterile dust free sealed box
there is not a resume /cancel button.. it is on or it is off..

If I understand the issue, you have a pixma Canon 2922 with the orange light flashes three times and will not let you print.

Is the cover open when the printer is trying print?

Have you removed the rear tray and placed a flashlight in the paper tray?

Three flashing orange lights for this printer means one of two things.

1. paper jam in the rear paper tray, or in the machine

2. the cover is open or cracked open when trying to print