John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I put in a wrong yellow cartridge and then righted that

Customer Question

I put in a wrong yellow cartridge and then righted that wrong and also replaced a blue cartridge. Now the printer is printing prints that look like really old sepia or orange instead of purple, pink instead of green. HELP
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Epson Stylus NX 420.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?
Customer: Since I inserted the wrong size cartridge (yellow 126) and replaced it with yellow 125
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: The OS is 10.12.6, a Powerbook. The printer hasn't been updated since I don't know when. This is a summer cabin printer. The color worked fine on an 8x10 print until I changed the cartridge. I thought I put them in the right order: do you think I installed blue and yellow in the wrong order? I can't get the cartridge holder to come out so that I can check.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. It's just the sudden screw up in the color
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ready
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The secure remote is requested
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for that. Could I continue on line?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you at least tell me how to access the cartridge container so that I can try switching the two replaced cartridges to see if this is the problem? Right now, I can't get it to stop so I can open it.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please just answer my question.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please just tell me how to access the cartridges in my EpsonSylus NX420
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

You need to lift the ink cover up

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You have NOT lost my credit card info. I've checked the three (or most times you have asked me this) and it is correct. I lifted the cover. Now what?
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What do I do after I lift the lid
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot access my original password.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did lift the coverup.
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

I am going to opt out here so another expert can assist

Expert:  JJesus Perez Gonzale replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, looking at your original inquiry I can almost be sure that you have a defective print head. You are printing colors which should not be printing correct? Have you already cleaned the print head via the settings on the printer itself?