Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I put in a wrong yellow cartridge and then righted that

Customer Question
I put in a...

I put in a wrong yellow cartridge and then righted that wrong and also replaced a blue cartridge. Now the printer is printing prints that look like really old sepia or orange instead of purple, pink instead of green. HELP

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson Stylus NX 420.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Stylus?

Since I inserted the wrong size cartridge (yellow 126) and replaced it with yellow 125

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The OS is 10.12.6, a Powerbook. The printer hasn't been updated since I don't know when. This is a summer cabin printer. The color worked fine on an 8x10 print until I changed the cartridge. I thought I put them in the right order: do you think I installed blue and yellow in the wrong order? I can't get the cartridge holder to come out so that I can check.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

No. It's just the sudden screw up in the color

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/29/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ready
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The secure remote is requested

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-#### renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for that. Could I continue on line?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you at least tell me how to access the cartridge container so that I can try switching the two replaced cartridges to see if this is the problem? Right now, I can't get it to stop so I can open it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please just answer my question.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please just tell me how to access the cartridges in my EpsonSylus NX420

You need to lift the ink cover up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You have NOT lost my credit card info. I've checked the three (or most times you have asked me this) and it is correct. I lifted the cover. Now what?

Regards
Kris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do I do after I lift the lid
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot access my original password.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did lift the coverup.

I am going to opt out here so another expert can assist

Technician: JJesus Perez Gonzale,
 replied 1 year ago
JJesus Perez Gonzale

Hi there, looking at your original inquiry I can almost be sure that you have a defective print head. You are printing colors which should not be printing correct? Have you already cleaned the print head via the settings on the printer itself?