Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother MFC-L8850CDW printer. It started making a…

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother MFC-L8850CDW printer. It started making a loud grinding sound. I got a notice that I needed to replace the drum unit and the yellow toner. I ordered a new brother drum unit, followed the directions to replace it and also replaced the yellow toner. However it is still making a grinding noise. I looked online and found where it asked me to take out the drum unit completely. When I did, the noise stopped. So this is supposed to indicate there is a problem with the drum unit and not the printer. But I just put a new one in. Help!

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your MFC-L8850CDW?

No. I've had this printer a couple of years.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

There are no error messages now. But as I mentioned above, I did get an error message when the grinding sound first happened and it said I needed to replace the drum unit and the yellow toner cartridge. I did both of those

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/29/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris