Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It is printing with horizontal lines in the print. I have…

Customer Question
It is printing with...

It is printing with horizontal lines in the print. I have cleaned the heads 4 times and they are still there

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Epson cx5500 windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing much, but hadnt printed for a couple of months

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 11 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

It is a problem with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink on the paper.
As you have already tried cleaning the printhead via the printer's control panel, we will try manually cleaning the printhead.
Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little-rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Thank you for your reply. It was not noticed in the e-mail, I was expecting it via the website. The situation has been resolved since that time. I will resolve the paypal dispute in your favour as it was my mistake.

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.

Please take some time to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.