Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I keep getting a paper jam message and there is not one. the…

Customer Question
I keep getting a...

I keep getting a paper jam message and there is not one. the printer won't allow me to do anything else. I've shut it off, restarted, unplugged, restarted and I still get the paper jam message.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

XP-400 and don't know age but at least 5 years I would guess

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC. One a desktop (Dell Inspiron 530S) and a laptop Lenovo

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just today. I changed a print cartridge and then the message appeared

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/28/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris