John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Deskjet 2542 will not print from my computer. It says

Customer Question

My Deskjet 2542 will not print from my computer. It says that it is deleting a paper but it has been doing this for 2 days.
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: A HP laptop but I can not tell you the real title.
JA: How long has this been going on with your DeskJet?
Customer: Just 2 or 3 days
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: I have not updated it and I only use ti once or twice a week to print my church bulletin.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  John Lohr replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

What have you tried doing so far to fix the issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have made sure that the printer is plugged in and given it several tries. But worked a week ago just won't work now. I'm 80 yearsw old and this is confulsing me.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
go ahead and connect

The payment for the remote support failed, but could you try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds and plugging it back in afterwards?