Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Deskjet 2542 will not print from my computer. It says…

Customer Question
My Deskjet 2542 will...

My Deskjet 2542 will not print from my computer. It says that it is deleting a paper but it has been doing this for 2 days.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

A HP laptop but I can not tell you the real title.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your DeskJet?

Just 2 or 3 days

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have not updated it and I only use ti once or twice a week to print my church bulletin.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
7/28/2017
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

What have you tried doing so far to fix the issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have made sure that the printer is plugged in and given it several tries. But worked a week ago just won't work now. I'm 80 yearsw old and this is confulsing me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
go ahead and connect

The payment for the remote support failed, but could you try unplugging the printer for 30 seconds and plugging it back in afterwards?