John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My cable company changed and my printer no longer can

Customer Question

Hi, my cable company changed and my printer no longer can communicate by wifi
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is primax 49006+.3
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: The printer is canon pixma 490
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had everything in order until to day, I can print copies but...nothing else
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I guess I lost the wireless connection
Category: Printers
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for services like Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them. I will let you know if I recommend we use one.
  • I am on no way credited for my assistance with you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating
  • When you rate, you are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

Alright, so if I read that correctly, you received a new router and now your printer does not connect to the PC anymore? Am I correct in assuming the printer was connected to the PC via WiFi?