John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It will not connect to my wifi network. I just want to use

Customer Question

It will not connect to my wifi network. I just want to use the USB port but it isn't connecting with that either. How can I set it up to just use the cord?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: XP-330. I purchased it less than a month ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS X
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has not connected to my internet since I purchased it. I have to temporarily connect to the neighbor's network to print. In the last week that has not even worked consistently. It does not recognized that is connected via cord (and never has).
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm almost in an emergency printing situation and just really need to have this work ASAP by any means necessary (even if it's the cord).
Category: Printers
Expert:  John Lohr replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Have you installed the drivers for your printer?