John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Cannot print from cassette 2, Epson WF3640 bought it today

Customer Question

Cannot print from cassette 2
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson WF3640 bought it today and just installed it
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC - have had the WF3540 for last 2 years and no problem printing from second cassette with that
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I said, I have JUST bought and installed so this is the first time I am printing
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what exactly happens when you try to print from it?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing happens. I gi to print properties and change the tray to 2 but it doesn't do anything
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have done that and same thing happens. When I go to print properties to change the tray there is nowhere which enables me to do so (unlike the previous WF3540)
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

In which program are you printing from? And when you go to printer properties, which sources do you see?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am finding this very hard to to put into words so thank you very much but I think I will try some other way
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Would you like me to take over your computer and fix this directly instead for you?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,