Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have an Epson Workforce WF-3640 which is 12.5 months old.

Customer Question
Approx every 5-6th line is...
I have an Epson Workforce WF-3640 which is 12.5 months old. Approx every 5-6th line is very blurry. A lot of the letters are also blurry but not as bad as the 5-5th lines. I have done print head cleaning and alignment and it makes no difference. I use standard A4 paper from Fuji Xerox. Please can you help? This is the second Epson Workforce printer I have had with a similar problem.
JA: How are you connecting to your WorkForce: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Not since I purchased it just over 12 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

It is a problem with the printhead because the printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink on the paper.
As you have already tried cleaning the printhead via the printer's control panel, we will try manually cleaning the printhead.

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little-rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

After cleaning the print head from the control panel the lines are all perfect on the test pattern. I do not have any rubbing alcohol; and will have to go any buy some.

Keep me posted!

Can I do what you suggest and come back later when I have the necessary materials?

No problem, take all the time you need. You can come back anytime and reply on this same page.

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer