John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just had to get a new Frontier Fios router and now my HP

Customer Question

i just had to get a new Frontier Fios router and now my HP printer wont print. Help
JA: How are you connecting to your HP printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: wirelessly
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: just a few weeks ago.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if you´ve already reconnected your printer to the new routers WIFI network?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have my computer turned on and my printer turned on but my computer says it cannot " find" my printer.

Yes, I understand, the issue is that you also need to reconnect the printer itself to the WIFI network of your new router. Because of the new router, your network ID and password ***** changed, hence the printer needs to be re-setup to connect to the new router. Have you done that yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried. My iMac is wifi and online but it cannot find my printer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I typed in the same wifi password ***** both iMac and printer

Do you have the manual of your printer at hand? In there is an explanation how to connect it to your router via WIFI, you´d have to perform this procedure directly at your printer, not the Mac.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for your "help". Bye.

Ì am opting out for another expert to help you instead. Maybe they can help you better than I can. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

Hello , I am Serge and I will try to answer your question

May I connect to your computer remotely to check if your printer and computer are setup properly on new network?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You were of no help. Please dot charge my credit card.
Expert:  UranIT replied 2 months ago.

I didn't even start yet..