John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I get my printer back on line wireless connection, hp

Customer Question

How do I get my printer back on line wireless connection
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: hp officejet pro 8710 All in one purchase fall of 2016
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc, window 8
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1 week, nothing happen when I started to print it say printer offline
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just need to be connected
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the Wi-Fi / wireless icon on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Was there any change recently to your computer or to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

- Please try the followings:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your Internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
  2. Turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from the printer for about 2 minutes. Then reconnect, then turn the printer back on.
  3. Wait about 5 minutes, then see if you can print now.

- If needed, on the printer's screen, can you select the Wireless icon, then select the gear icon (Setup), then option Wireless Settings, then option Wireless Setup Wizard and select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name and check. Is there any error or message?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,