John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer will not print all I get is blank sheets of

Customer Question

HELLO
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My printer will not print all I get is blank sheets of paper.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother MFC J870DW It's about 5 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I tried the copier same thing blank page. The ink is present. about 1/3
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had this about two days it printed fine about 2 days ago. I really like this printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

How long is it since new black ink was put into the printer, please?

And, please check the Ink Levels either on the printer's menu system itself, or in the functions of your printer's Brother software e.g. Control Center perhaps, on the computer. What does it show for ink levels, please?