Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I changed the correction tape, and lifted up on the housing

Customer Question

I changed the correction tape, and lifted up on the housing unit for it using the tall-ish black lever that also unlocks the printer wheel. Now I can't get it to lock properly back into place so that I can then put back the printer ribbon cartridge and get back to work!
JA: What's the model of your printer?
Customer: Brother SX-4000, oh and also my coworker used the return key so now the whole printer mechanism is on the left side of the drum and beeping. So I turned it off!
JA: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?
Customer: No error message, and am able to lift up the clear cover lid.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only to pray for me if I broke it!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ready
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No remote assistance. IT is a typewriter!!!
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Ok - can you unplug the printer from the power supply while the printer is on and hold in the power button on it for 30 seconds.
Let me know done
Regards
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nope, not working. I'll see if I can find someone locally that can do a service call. Sorry to have inconvenienced you.
Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.

Note: Can you please rate me at the top so I am credited with my time, 5/5 gives me most credit and would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Expert:  Kris R replied 2 months ago.