John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have received an error message on my Workforce WF-3640

Customer Question

I have received an error message on my Workforce WF-3640 that says printer error code: Ox97, what is it and how do I fix it please
JA: Is your WorkForce displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: yes and it has the small yellow triangle with an exclamation symbol on it.
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: It has been quite awhile, I have never rec'd any notices that updates were availble , is this what i need to do, go to the Epson site and check on update and install if available.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

what version of windows you have on the computer

was there any paper jam before you started getting this error

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no paper jam
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

How is the printer connected to the computer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My wife just bought me a new printer, other one is now gone to recycle
Expert:  comp_audio replied 2 months ago.

Glad you got a new printer. Do you require assistance in getting it installed or do you have any questions about it? Do tell me what model printer did your wife buy for you?