Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

Epson 2750, why doesn't my ink ctg. slide over to middle so

Customer Question

Epson 2750
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: why doesn't my ink ctg. slide over to middle so I can replace the ink ctgs?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: hp windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ever since I bought it i unplugged from electric alnight and was able to replace the black which was all i nneded to at that time
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: unplugging the printer has not worked this time
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my book says it is a wf2750
I bought it last year but it gets very little use , this is first time to replace ink colored ink ctgs.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

That is because simply opening the compartment is not the appropriate procedure, and can actually result in damage to the printer.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
From the printer front panel options, select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did as you instructed and it shows the ink ctgs. and the C ,M, and Y are empty but I cant see where it says maintenance
the carriage still does not move
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would have never bought this piece of junk if I had known the hoops to jump through just to replace the ctgs.
why cant I see the icon " maintenance"
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
are you still working on this or are we through?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see where you charged me $28.00 which I did not authorize you to do.
I signed up for a free look and agreed to a #5.00 charge only.
I suggest you take the #28.00 off immediately or I will take further steps to persuade you.
It seems you have a little scam going on here as nothing you suggested worked and I did not agree for you to go into my computer. I am watching my bank statement as of now.