John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm trying to print a document from my upstairs computer,

Customer Question

I'm trying to print a document from my upstairs computer, but
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: I keep getting an error message that says "Error: document waiting" or "Error" two documents waiting" (after I tried a second time). The brand and model is Canon MF4700 series UFRII LT. There's no explanation given for the error other than that the printer has documents waiting
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The first time I tried printing, the printer was in sleep mode and I had to turn it back on; maybe the issue arose from that
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. Before we begin, please, understand that responding to my questions does not cost more. Also, me responding does not cost more.

May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Network, I think

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry, I'm not comfortable with allowing a stranger to access my family's private network. I'm 19 and staying with my parents over the summer, and my father might get upset if he finds out I let you in without permission. I think I'll just use one of my neighbors' computers instead; sorry to have bothered you

That is okay. I very much understand.

We can continue without the remote, if you wish.