Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Canon MX700 with Windows 10 - printer not responding error.

Customer Question
I have tried uninstalling &...
Canon MX700 with Windows 10 - printer not responding error. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling but then says can't find printer
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been going on with your MX700?
Customer: Started today or at least today was when I tried to print. Last time I printed something was Monday I believe
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Not sure. I know one happened a week ago and I had to update my print driver to an older Windows version 8x64
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it. It did work after I installed the drivers last week and it worked up until Monday at least
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/26/2017
Technician: Eric, Freelance PC Technician replied 4 months ago
Eric, Freelance PC Technician

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible.

Please give me a moment to review your posted question.

Good afternoon, would you mind if we started a secure remote session(no extra charge), so that I may attempt to get your printer back and connected for you?

Ok....question though. It said it would charge me $5.00 but charged me $23.00?

I am not sure how that works as I am an IT support person who is a member of the site like you, except I am answering questions not asking. I can refer you to customer service to have questions answered about billing if you want :)

Ok..after we are done that would be great but the link for remote access says it will charge me $39

That is if you request it as a premium service. Instead, I am offering it to you for free so that I can do my best to quickly resolve the problem and you can rate my service as excellent, which is how I am credited for helping.

Ok it doesnt work with that link. It takes me straight to billing of $39

Yes, I am going to send you a link here in just a moment, don't worry about the one below where I respond.

Ok

I just need to know a couple things so I can get started and help you as quickly as possible.

ok

Is/Was the printer hooked up via Wifi or was it plugged directly into the PC?

Do you specifically use any of the HP software for managing your pictures or anything, as I will be removing all of that and starting from scratch, so that I can get it installed properly for Windows 10.

Here is where it gets tricky. The printer was not made to support Wifi printing but my IT Tech neighbor set it up a year or so ago through my wireless router/modem thing from my cable company I guess and it prints wirelessly or has been up until Monday. Oh wait....hmmmm probably only worked through Friday that's when I had the cable company out and they switched out a bunch of equipment
No, I don't have HP and I don't use the Canon software. I have only been able to get the printer to work by installing the old Windows 8x 64 driver. It won't work with Windows 10 drivers as it is not compatible
I'm thinking I need a new printer.
I need to sign out for lunch, Is it possible to return to this when I return

Yes, no problem. Reply to me when you are back and we will do everything we can to get it working for you!

John, Computer Science Engineer