Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

When I want to print something on my WF-2540 it copies! How

Customer Question

When I want to print something on my WF-2540 it copies! How can I get it to print?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson WF-2540. It is about 2.5 years old. It is a printer that I do not often use. It has always worked when I come back to it, but not this time. I guess it has been sitting for maybe 8 months.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I had not used the printer since last October. I returned to this place, and tried to set up my printer 2 days ago. I had to re-install it in this computer. I have cleaned the nozzles, aligned the head. several times.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. It just seems to "copy" every time I press the start button -- the color start button. I did get it to print "black."
Category: Printers
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

1. Open the printers folder.
    • Windows 2000/XP: Click Start > Control Panel. In Control Panel, open Printers, Printers and Faxes, or Printers and Other Hardware.
    • Windows Vista: Click Start > Control Panel. In Control Panel, select Printer from under Hardware and Sound (Category View). If Control Panel is in 'Classic View', double-click on Printers.
    • Windows 7: Click the start button and then click on Devices and Printers. Alternatively, type device in the Start Search box and press Enter or click on Devices and Printers.

• If you require help with this step, see the following Related Article: How to open the Printers or Printers and Faxes folder in Windows
  2. Right-click your Epson printer icon and left-click on Printing Preferences.
  3. Printing Preferences should open on the Main tab. Follow the instruction which matches the layout of tabs at the top of the printer driver window:
    • 'Main', 'Paper', 'Layout', 'Utility' tabs: Under Ink, click in the radial beside Black and click OK.

• 'Main', 'Page Layout', 'Maintenance' tabs: Click on the Advanced button located in the bottom right-hand corner. Click 'Continue' if prompted.
    • 'Main', 'Advanced', 'Page Layout', 'Maintenance' ('Shortcuts') tabs: Click on the Advanced tab.

'Black Ink Only' or 'Grayscale' is on the left of this screen. Click into this check box to tick it and click OK to save these settings.

Note:

• Any changes made in this manner i.e. entering the Properties via the printers folder, will be saved as the default settings unless changed. If you want to print in colour in the future, you will have to revert the changes.
      • Any changes made in the printer Properties/Printing Preferences via an application you are printing from will be for that print job only or only for that session in the application. Subsequent prints will use the default printer driver settings unless these are changed again.

Let me know if you face any problem in it.

I hope your issue is resolved . I have opened my rating for you. Please scroll up to the top of this page and hit stars to rate me so that I get paid for my efforts.Let me know if you have anything for me on this.Hopping for the best !!Thanks !
Bhavik