John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epson WP 3620 is getting the error; The paper source

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Darryl and my Epson WP 3620 is getting the error; The paper source setting is invalid. Gouch detail to check the available settings.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: No, I purchases it on clearance at Office Depot in Feb 2016.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Toshiba running WIndows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't used the printer in a few days. I was experiencing problems with paper tray.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was using the copy function when it happen.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is printing currently working fine?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please stay with me on this web page.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

On the printer's screen, can you go to Setup -> System Administrator -> Restore Default Settings -> Clear All Data and Settings -> Yes. Then see if you are able to make a copy from the printer's glass first? (Not printing from the computer.)

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,