John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Brother MFC J4510DW will not print. I get a message that

Customer Question

My Brother MFC J4510DW will not print. I get a message that it is in an error state...whatever that is...over by New Jersey maybe
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Guestimate...4-5 years and has always worked great. MFC-J4510DW would be the model.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just ran into this problem yesterday or the day before...right after I filled out a form that I REALLY need to print. I do not recall any bells, lights jammed papers or anything out of the usual before
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I connected it to my wireless LAN and it printed out the particulars on the network just as if normal
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the error message showing on the computer's screen or on the printer's screen?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,