Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

How do I scan a photo to the second computer in my

Customer Question

How do I scan a photo to the second computer in my household?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Brother Model #J680DW --it is about 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I would like to scan a photo and send it to my Mac--however it keeps sending it to my laptop PC Hewlett Packard
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just tried scanning a photo a few moments ago and would like to send it to my Mac
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is the printer setup as Wireless ? Are you able to print from the Mac ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am able to print from the Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

You can initiate the scanning process from the Mac itself since the printer is defaulted to PC. There are several methods to scan.

Method 1:

You can use Image Capture application to scan. Go to Applications folder and open Image Capture application. Image Capture will recognize the scanner and show in left column. Select the scanner (printer) and click Scan.

Method 2 :

Go to Applications folder and open Preview application. In Preview application, click on File menu and select Import from Scanner.

Method 3 :

Go to System Preferences and select Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners. Select your printer in left, click on Scan top on right top and click Open Scanner.

Method 4:

Go to Applications folder and look for Brother application like Control Center. Open it and it will allow you to scan

Note : If you are unable to scan with your Mac, then go to Apple > System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. Delete the printer from the list. Then click plus button and click Add Printer (don't add it under Nearby Printers). Then from the list, select your printer and make sure "Use" or "Software" is set to Brother software and not AirPrint or Secure AirPrint. This will add the printer with correct drivers. Then do the above methods to scan

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.