Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I get an error unable to print 4F, MFC-J265W, maybe around 2

Customer Question

I get an error unable to print 4F
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC-J265W
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: maybe around 2 years pld
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't used for a while and i scanned few docs about 2 weeks ago and it worked perfect but now i get this error
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it says to check troubleshooting in the manual but I can't find the error
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Lets try this as a first step. It should fix that error.

Access the internal maintenance mode by pressing the Menu/Set button, then press * 2 8 6 4 within 2 seconds. This should put you in the maintenance mode menu. Enter 80, then scroll down with the arrow down (round) key. You'll find an entry listed as purge count. If number is ***** 6000, enter 2 7 8 3.

This will reset the purge count value. Then the printer will restart

Let me know if the error is back , or if you see a different error, and if everything works please dont forget to return here and click and submit a 5 star rating to show I was able to assist you.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)