Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My MFC-J835DW will not print text in black, despite having a

Customer Question

My MFC-J835DW will not print text in black, despite having a full blank ink cartridge in place--only very faint print comes out
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Brother MFC-J835DW and cartridge LC75BK (XL)
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Everything seemed fine until I tried printing a few days ago; I removed the cartridge and placed it back in, turned off the printer and turned it back on, all without improvement
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No--there is no event that occurred of which I am aware
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

As a first step, lets clean the printhead. This video is short and will show you exactly how to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDr-Kve2qg

Clean the printhead once, then test print. If needed and black is still faint or not showing, clean the printhead a second time.

Let me know if this fixes the issue or not.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)