Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Canon MG6360 Printer which is producing Error B200.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Canon MG6360 Printer which is producing Error B200. I have tried all the online suggestions and have not been able to clear it (except for a full rinse clean of the ink heads). Would you suggest this (& what is the best way to do it), or am I able to get a new Printhead for it? Regards, Stephen
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Yes, some weeks ago, but it seemed to be, I thought, because I had let 1 or 2 of the ink cartridges (it takes 6) go too long being empty. I think it is several years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC wired (& Mac and PC laptops), Windows Vista Home Premium.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This last time, started this morning. I went to print 3 pages & it only printed 1.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so - I have taken Printhead out, wiped excess ink off bottom plate.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out

The error code b200 usually indicates an issue with printhead

If you have already attempted the cleaning of the printhead and still the error is getting repeated, the printhead might be faulty

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

in such a case you may keep the printer turned off for few hours. if still error repeats it would be best to replace the printhead

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't doneca proper clean. What is the best way to do this?
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Please provide a rating for the service by clicking on the stars located on the upper right corner of this page.