cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have worked on printers at my job for over 7 years.
20109878

Our Epson WF 3620 is not printing correct (or even

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, our Epson WF 3620 is not printing correct (or even approximate colours). My latest example was a greenbackground that came out blue - allthe printer cartridges are showing as having ink - any thoughts?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Maybe 4 yrs old - what other details indicate the exact model? - it just says WF 3620 on the machine.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue for about 6 months but as we mainly print text, I have not fussed.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so,
Category: Printers
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Have you tried this:

• Run the Head Cleaning utility to clear any clogged ink nozzles.
  • Run the Print Head Alignment utility.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

You might have to do the cleaning 2 or 3 times, then print a test page.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Most of the time it could be dried ink. Or even if the ink is saying low but not out you still need to change it because it will pick up a faded color (hense the green turned to blue).

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

So if the cleaning does not work, please insert fresh new cartridges into the printer and try it that way. If that fails it sounds like a sensor is out (which will cost almost as much as a new printer or more). Since the printer is 4 + years old and if it is the sensor you might want to go ahead and invest in a new printer.

Please RATE 4 stars or above and I will l close the ticket once it has been resolved.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Good Morning, did the above instructions help with your ink color issues?

If all is okay please RATE 4 stars or above and I will close the ticket.