John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I upgraded from 5520 to 5540. i need the document scanning

Customer Question

i upgraded from 5520 to 5540. i need the document scanning application that launches from my hp pavillion
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its about 5 its a laptop. I had the hp software on it until last week when the 5520 crapped out. I can scan using the launch from my 5570 but doesnt have multiple pages option. my laptop has the most current windows 10
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP pavillion w/10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: been an issue since I purchased an HP5540 last thursday. the 5520 app from HP didnt support the 5540.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did a CD disk comes with the new printer ENVY 5540 that you can install? And/or did it give you the instructions for downloading the printer software?

Is there any error or message?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no

Is the ENVY 5540 printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,