John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I got a support code 1403 which has something to do with

Customer Question

I got a support code 1403 which has something to do with replacing the printhead
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Cannon MG 5520
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was trying last week to print Hershey park tickets
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of only that the printer is telling me that the print head is incorrect
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, This is a print head issue. To attempt to resolve it, please do the following:

• Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over
  • Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
  • Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head and the electronic contacts on each ink cartridge.
  • Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
  • Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges, then try to print

If that does not work then one of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error, If it's not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 3 months ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had an issue with updating my payment and I just resolved it. I will try what you suggested and let you know the results
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 3 months ago.

Ok, Hope this works out

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not too sure where the print head is. I can see the electronic contacts, but not sure of the print head. Is it the spongy part where the ink flows into ?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 3 months ago.

print head is the movable part of the printer that contains the printing elements, please watch this tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZheZf-vdho8

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 3 months ago.

Has everything worked out, Do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I cleaned the printhead, replaced it into the printer and the problem remains the same. The only remedy at this point is to get a new printhead. I chose a new printer due to the fact that the on sale printer is cheaper than a new printhead
Expert:  crash2199 replied 2 months ago.

I apologize for the long wait for a response.

Do you still need help with your issue?