John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just got a new wi-fi network in the house, and my Epson

Customer Question

Just got a new wi-fi network in the house, and my Epson xp-800 will not work, and I can't seem to find that network in the printer. It doesn't even work if I plug in a direct cable to my laptop.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: not very old .. perhaps a year or so.. Epson XP-800 series. diagnosis says connection disconnecter
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MacBook Pro 10.11.4
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: a few days... just had a new cable company come in to set up another tv, and they gave me a new modem, eliminated the old router, and connected me to new network
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: every other device in the house has logged on to the new network .. just the printer doesn't.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will then reply to you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there? no additional charges please... are you affiliated with Epson to help customers?
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

have you tried downloading the mac compatible software for the epson and try setting it up connected via the USB ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i plugged it in and installation came up and I re-installed the printer, and it still didn't work
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you don't have an answer, then I would like to get my deposit money back. Thank you
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

I am proposing that i connect to you and check everything out in order to try and get the printer working?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No .. thank you. I will call Epson tomorrow and get free help. I thought you were with Epson. Please refund my deposit.
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

if you want a refund you will need to contact customer services, since you no longer require my assistance i will opt out. Goodbye. Jay