John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Dell 948 AO1 printer is stuck in COPY MODE and refuses to

Customer Question

My Dell 948 AO1 printer is stuck in COPY MODE and refuses to print.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Dell is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's old...10 years old. The exact model is Dell all-in-one 948.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC. I'm not sure where to look for the operating system. It's OS (C)...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened 2 days ago. I opened the top to copy something. And, from then on it has refused to go out of COPY MODE. PRINT MODE has disappeared from the task window on the printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, not yet, anyway.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will then reply to you. Thanks.

Expert:  Jay D replied 3 months ago.

whilst it is switched on can you pull the power from the back and wait for 10 min, then plug it back in and see if that makes a difference?