Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

New wifi and epson workforce 840 does not see the network

Customer Question
MAC os sierra JA: Can you...
new wifi and epson workforce 840 does not see the network MAC os sierra
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: all drivers up to date,
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC os sierra
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: today with new router
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
7/22/2017
Technician: Jay D, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will then reply to you. Thanks.

are you trying to connect the printer to the wifi going through the printers display menu?

any way I can. The wifi settings do NOT come up in the display menu. New router yesterday. Mac etc all connected just find but the printer does not.
still there?

okay and you have also tried running through the setup using the disk that came with the printer?

there is no disc drive on the mac.
the drivers are all up to date. and the printer was working fine before new router

okay so have you tried setup with the software download?

It gets to the point where it is looking for the printer and cannot find it. The wifi light on the front panel is NOT on
turned off and on and unplugged printer and restarted already as well

okay, I am just going over the instructions etc

I don't suppose that you have a printer USB cable? that would simplify the initial setup

I do not. Sorry.

would you like me to connect and try to get it setup for you?

do not want to give you access to my computer. I do not know you. sorry.

Please feel secure in the knowledge that www.justanswer.com has been running for over 14years and is a multi billion dollar business, with revenues of over 5 billion per year. You can read about the business here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JustAnswer

not sure how connecting will help you. Why does the wifi light not come on?

that is because the setup for the printer to connect to the wifi is done through the computer.

never mind. I got help elsewhere./

okay goodbye. Jay

John, Computer Science Engineer