jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer
Experience:  Many years repairing and troubleshooting printers and photocopiers.
72451768

My imageclass mf624cdw is asking for department id and pin.

Customer Question

My imageclass mf624cdw is asking for department id and pin. I did not set either of these. I am looking for a way to force it to reset to factory defaults
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon ImageClass MF634cdw. Arrived today new.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I was simply unboxing it and attempting to connect to wireless router. So, it was not connected to a computer. I then tried a wired connection to a computer running Win 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened immediately. During setup it asked for wired or wireless LAN. I chose LAN. It could not find my router (though it found others). I proceeded through set up without connecting to a LAN thinking I could then connect byvia usb to a computer to work on the issue. But the computer cannot connect because it is asking for WPS to connect at all (and no such setting was ever entered by me in the printer).
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I know
Category: Printers
Expert:  jeffreybongers replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeff

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

It would be greatly appreciated to rate me after this conversation. The rating can be done in the top of this screen.

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff