Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

My HP2610 is giving me an error code of "remove and check

Customer Question

my HP2610 is giving me an error code of "remove and check cartridge on the right" I've done that and even put in a brand new HP cartridge. I cannot get the error to clear.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It;s the 2610 photosmart printer and i'm running 365
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, I went to hP HP
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I went to HP.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

If the printer still does this with a new cartridge then the printhead may be dirty or faulty.

Remove the right cartridge and try carefully cleaning the contact area on the printhead with a lint-free cloth, where the cartridge connects to it.

Then insert the cartridge again.

If the problem persists then the printhead itself has a fault and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not much help. Done all you asked even before contacting you except for replacing the print head. But, thanks anyway
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 2 months ago.

Ok, do let me know what else you have already tried and if you have missed anything I can offer some other suggestions.