John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson XP -220 printer. It has suddenly stopped

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Epson XP -220 printer. It has suddenly stopped printing Word documents from my Windows 10. It does print copies from the scanner, it also printed a PDF for the Epson help document.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I did changer the print setting from greyscale to colour but now it is not printing documents even though it has been returned to greyscale
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC but not sure what the operating system is. How do i check?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had been on holidays for 10 days and had used tower but not printer after returning
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Ink light is flashing but printer still working
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when printing a Word document?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No error message

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,