John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just purchased a new HP Printer today and I thought I

Customer Question

I just purchased a new HP Printer today and I thought I could do the install myself. Everything looks good, however it will not print anything from my computer. The Printer Information sheet which did print says all Ok except the line saying This Printer is NOT connected to the internet
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just purchased TODAY it is a 3700 DeskJet All In One
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Toshiba PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing !! I had just finished the install
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

What happened when you install the printer's software CD disk? Was it successful? Or did it fail?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Does your Toshiba PC computer have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,