John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have replaced both ink cartridges but printer will not

Customer Question

I have replaced both ink cartridges but printer will not print page. it will copy but not print.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: MG3620. canon cartrdge
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC don't know what to look for for operating system.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: out if ink
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If it will photocopy but will not print, the question is, whether it passes blank pages in response to a print job sent from the computer, or whether it just sits there doing nothing when a print job is sent to it from the computer. Please let me know that, and also whether the printer is wireless or is on a USB cable connected to the computer ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Passes blank pages. Wireless printer

OK, good. That is most likely to be a problem with your software, for the printer, on the computer.

Please, on the computer, go to

Start (this is skipped in Windows 8 and 8.1, and you Search instead for ...)

then to Control Panel

then to System and Security

then to System

and read off the Windows version there, please... it's easy to see.

Then also read off whether the System Type is 32-bit or 64-bit, please. Let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I could not find the info. I cannot work on this anymore today thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps another day, I could do a Secure Remote session and find the information for you... meanwhile, enjoy your day, and you may return to this case at any time by going to

http://www.justanswer.com/printers/ajpkw-replaced-ink-cartridges-printer-will-not.html

and let me know when you're ready to continue, please.