Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

How do I change the ink cartridge, epson xp 420, good

Customer Question

how do I change the ink cartridge
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: epson xp 420
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: good question - laptop windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: black ink has run out
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To do this

Turn on your product.
If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced and press the OK button, then choose Replace now.
If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, press the home button if necessary, and select Setup. Select Maintenance, then select Ink Cartridge Replacement and press the OK button.

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Before opening the new cartridge package, shake it gently four or five times.

Remove the cartridge from the package.

Remove the yellow tape from the side of the cartridge.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Lower the scanner unit and press the start button.

The print head moves to its home position and the printer starts charging the ink. This takes about 90 seconds. When you see a confirmation message on the screen, ink charging is finished.

It is then ready to print

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you