John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Nozzle check shows gaps but head cleaning doesn't eliminate

Customer Question

Nozzle check shows gaps but head cleaning doesn't eliminate them. Copy has lines. Print is ok.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Epson XP-420 maybe 4 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac OS 10.11.6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Yesterday, copied as usual and copy had stripes
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Yellow on nozzle check is faint. Can't see if any gaps. No gaps in cyan or magenta but are two in black. Have changed black cartridge.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There are still horizontal narrow white stripes across the copy. Before I wrote to you I did a nozzle check and head cleaning several times.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Am I being asked for $39 more or $39 total?