John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HL3170cdw it will not print, after installing new

Customer Question

I have a HL3170cdw it will not print, after installing new toner
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: brother, HL-3170CDW, less than a year
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac osx
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I installed new toner
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I just want to print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

remove the cartridge and check the packaging tape and seal and then install it back.

Try printing a test page from the printer driver software from the printer and preferences icon.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Please remember when we are dealing with this kind of issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the provided troubleshooting step does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.