Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Engineer
Experience:  21 Years experience in Support PC/Server/Network field. Computer hardware and Printer hardware.
21913621

I have a workforce 545 and want to scan 2000 photos into a

Customer Question

i have a workforce 545 and want to scan 2000 photos into a file on my Apple MacBook Pro. What is the best way to do this directly from my Mac?
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WorkForce 545 Series Model PJXY007468 purchased March 31/2012
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 10.12.5 MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I have never done these scans your int computer to controls the process. I done believe I have the program since the MAC doesn't have a DVD reader
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately this is not an automatic scanning setup. The only way to scan in 2000 photos is one at a time. There are dozens of programs, both free and not, that will let you scan. You also should have some default programs on your Macbook that will let you scan and save as JPG's or PNG's.

I wish there was an automatic way to do this, but there isn't. Anything automatic will need to be done using different equipment.