John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just wondering if I made a copy of something can anyone see

Customer Question

just wondering if I made a copy of something can anyone see what it was that I copied
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: C252 not sure how old but its probably at least several years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I just made copies ... put the papers in the feed and copied documents so it did not come from a computer
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing happened. I'm asking a question if I made a copy of a document can someone else see what it was that I copied
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: if it can be seen how do I erase it ... it was personal
Category: Printers
Expert:  UranIT replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Technically, yes it is possible to see what was copied on certain copiers. It depends on where you copied it and how organization that owns copier manages logs of the copier.

If the company does keep those logs - then you have to talk to their IT.

Hope it helps

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No that does not. We are a private household not a company. I also did not authorize any type of payment. Once I got to the site and saw it was more than $5.00 I logged out. I will be disputing this with my credit card company.
Expert:  UranIT replied 3 months ago.

The answer cost is the price you accepted to get to talk to an expert.

Do you still need a resolution to your question or not?

Expert:  UranIT replied 3 months ago.

waiting for your reply