John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Pixma MG6320 paper jam that I can not remove... need verbal

Customer Question

Pixma MG6320 paper jam that I can not remove... need verbal assistance. Thank you.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG6320 is the make and model which is approximately 3 - 5 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac and Windows through Parallels. Mac OS X Yosemite and I believe Parallels VII.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time. Nothing out of the ordinary.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the paper jam hard to remove because you don't know where it is? or do you know where it is, but not how to remove it? please give me the details of the problem, and I will help as well as possible.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Both.

OK, then. What does the printer itself say, on its display, in full and exactly? that's a start.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Support Code 6000.Printer error has occurred. Follow the steps below.1. Cancel the printing, then turn the device off.2. Turn the device on again.If the problem persists, see the manual and contact the service center.I have followed the above instructions. I do not have that manual nor do I know how to contact the service center. I was printing a check when this occurred. Kindly call me at(###) ###-####to walk me through how to clear the paper jam. This has never happened before. Thank you - Helen

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time.)

That is not necessarily a paper jam at all. It's a more serious variety of error - specifically, you may need to

1. check that nothing is blocking your printer from feeding paper, in front or in back, etc.

2. that your paper feed tray is open, and not blocked from opening nor closed.

3. also look through the entire paper path for any paper clip, or perhaps a scrap of paper caught or stuck in a vital sensor or nook or cranny of the path the paper takes through the printer.

If you need any specifics, let me know.