John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My WF2540 keeps reading that it is out of paper. It is not

Customer Question

My WF2540 keeps reading that it is out of paper. It is not so what is the issue? I don't see any physical sensor that reads this.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson WF-2540, Model C471A, about 2-3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been ongoing for about 1 month- normally, it would work after a couple of trys or a reboot of the printer
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

Sounds like the paper sensor has went out. Not sure how much you paid for the printer but they are cheaper to buy then trying to fix one.

You can try cleaning the paper sensors with an alcohol swap first (very light alcohol).