Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I bought a new brother printer...can"t download to the Mac

Customer Question

I bought a new brother printer...can"t download to the Mac computer...I put in the Mac entry and it keeps giving me the Microsoft downloads...please help...thanks
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it's brand new and the model is the MFC-J485dw
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: macintosh...os10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yesterday...this site did not pop up,I had to find you
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Can you download from this website --> http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj485dw_us_as&os=10030&dlid=dlf103300_000&flang=4&type3=583

or download from this direct link --> http://download.brother.com/welcome/dlf103300/Inkjet15L_UW_NonTouchPanel_107.dmg

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.