John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just put in new ink in my Pixma but I can not get it to

Customer Question

I just put in new ink in my Pixma but I can not get it to print not even the test page
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: never before and about a year old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: dell computer with windows 10. Putting ink in has always been simple.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this the first time. nothing I noticed happened
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: at one point it said the door was open and i closed it. My grandson used the printer to print probably as many as 50 copies and drained the ink
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please